Sunday, October 12, 2008

CPR Retreat in Connecticut

I am back from the Creative Photography Retreat (CPR) and my head is spinning a bit. I don't know what I want to do first. I love photography and I really want to get good at it but where to begin. I learned so much this weekend and plan to do a lot of experimenting. I wish we had some additional classes in Photoshop because after looking at some of the pictures of me I had taken this weekend I noticed I need a lot of touching up around the eye area.
One of the things I did learn this weekend is if possible, never never point the flash at your subject. I found out why every Christmas Portrait picture I tried to take last year had a long shadow along the kids body.
I also learned that I need new lens. Everything cost money. As soon as I came home I ordered the 50mm f1.4 Canon lens and I can't wait to get it. I also want a new Zoom lens but this lens is very expensive so I will have to wait a while.
I will post some pictures from the event once I touch them up a bit.
Did you notice my new Blog Banner? I learned about Blog Banners from Renee Pearson. The teachers we had were 2nd to none. They were all great!!

No comments: